From: Bill Watson <wwatson@xxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Interesting '60 DeSoto (?) FS
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:46:38 -0800

Chrysler of Canada built only the Adventurer series in Canada in 1960, and
used the DeSoto dashboard with the Chrysler Saratoga upholstery (including
the Chrysler "crowns") and door panels.

The steering wheel appears to be a 1962 with its centre hub and horn ring.
The 1960 and 1961 models I have seen had horn pads along the steeering
wheel
spokes and no ring.

The red upholstery appears to be a seat cover.  If you look very closely at
the picture, the seat appears to be Chrysler Corp's split bench with swivel
seats.  You can see the black centre armrest, and if you follow the seat
edge you can see it bulge a bit as you get to the passenger side "insert".
A true bench seat of that era would go straight across, while the swivel
seat setup had the bench split into three pieces.  Could be wrong, but that
is what it looks like to me.

Would be interesting to find out when the dash was changed, and why.  I,
too, like the 1960-1962 Chrysler dash.  A very unique design.

Bill
Vancouver, BC