Re: [FWDLK] Chroming

My information is limited and not recent. Industrial nickel plating
is used where corrosion is a problem (nuclear plants for example).

Triple chrome plating, if still done, starts with a base of copper
plating followed by nickel and then chrome. You have to be sure the
chrome plating is thick enough or there may be an off color to it.
As I understand it, this process has to do with adhesion of the
plating. The nickel may be used to keep the copper color from showing.

-bill grubbs
'56 DeSoto Firedome
Atlanta, GA

At 12:42 PM 3/25/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi guys,
>I was offered different re-chroming process from two re-chroming shops here
>in France. One offered copper based chroming and the other bi-nickel based
>chroming. I have an idea that the copper based one is the best. Can anyone
>confirm ?
>Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
>'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe

'56 DeSoto facts:
0 to 60 (driver only) 10.1 seconds flat.
0 to 60 (driver and 7 other adults and 4 kids,
a trunk full of luggage and towing a 36'
camper) 10.1 seconds flat.