From: Scott H
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 11:39 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] 55-56 Front End question
 I need help again.
I was trying to order the front end rebuild parts for my 56 Dodge Custom
Royal. It is a v8 car.
It seems that there is a difference between the power steering and non-power
sterring parts. (specifically the center link)
Now my car was originally NON power steering.
When I put her back together I am changing over to power steering.
I have the complete Power Steering columnm from the horn to the pitman arm.
I was under the impression that I could just bolt in the new column and
steering box and attach to the existing steering linkage.
Now I am not so sure.  Has anyone done this conversion.  Will it go together
as I expect?
The next question is do I order parts for the non-power steering car (I
think this is what I should do, if the conversion is as I anticipate) or for
the power steering car?

As always thanks again,

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer
1956 Plymouth Savoy (soon to go to a new home)
im
begin:          vcard
fn:             Jim  Carpenter
n:              Carpenter;Jim
org:            Collectors Auto Supply
adr:            1510 Main St (Courier);; P.O. Box 2076 (Postal);Oroville; Wa. ;98844;U.S.A.
email;internet: car@xxxxxxxxx
title:          WEB SITE: COLLECTORSAUTO.COM
tel;work:       1-250-767-1974
tel;fax:        1-250-767-3340
tel;home:       1-250-767-1974
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0