[FWDLK] leaking windshield

 Dear list,
 The windshield of my 58 Savoy is leaking. It appears that water runs
down the out side of the windshield, gets into the rubber seal where it
meets the glass and then comes out on the inside. The seal looks to be
in good shape, no apparent dry rot or cracks, but obviously this is a
problem. In a perfect world I would rather not replace the seal ( for
fear of breaking the windshield.) Can anyone here think of a product
that I can use that will solve this  issue? I'm thinking of something
like a liquid that I can pour onto the windshield then might get into
the seal, dry and stop the leak?
 I'm looking forward to some creative ideas,
 Larry Gardinier