[FWDLK] 1956 Dodge Project

Just figured I would fill everyone in on how the Dodge Project is going.
I has ground to a complete halt.
We added an additional room over my garage and I had to vacate my 2 car
garage in order to bring it up to firecode.  On the plus side I got all
brand new insulated walls and ceiling, new doors and painted the floor while
I was at it. I am adding some new cabinets for all the "stuff" and I should
be in pretty good shape in a few weeks. (I made out real good on the deal I
would never have re-done the garage)
I had the shop that is doing the metal fabrication work slow down a bit, I
could not bring the car home so I am delaying the project and letting him
store it. Probably wont see the body home until the end of May.
I will bring the chassis home in a week or 2, paint, re-do the front end,
install the engine (or at least set up the mounts), trans and rear.
The motor (a bored and stroked 360/408 CID street killer) is at the machine
shop. It is delayed until the end of April. The parts were slow in arriving
and I got bumped by some race engines that need to be done for the racing
season.
So I am back to planning and thinking a whole lot.
I hoped to have it running by the end of the summer but that is unlikely.
Thats ok even if it takes a while longer than I had hoped (don't they
always) it is a good fun project. Worth taking my time and doing it right.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer