[FWDLK] brake conversion

Hi all.
Last week I installed front disk brakes on my 57 Plymouth
Now I am having trouble getting the brakes to work.
Does any one know if the proportioning valve from a power brake car will
work on a Manuel brake system.
My pedal feels like it still has air in it I have bled the system numerous
times and still the pedal is spongy.
I have put on a front disk kit from aajinc.
A rebuilt duel master cylinder for a 70 duster.
The brass proportioning valve off a 68 Imperial this is the one that
separates the front from the back brakes I think that's what they call the
proportioning valve.
I have put on new brake lines too.
Thank you for any help.
Bob.