Re: [FWDLK] LONG: DeSoto's in the Classic Car Trader

Re: [FWDLK] LONG: DeSoto's in the Classic Car Trader

Wow, Mel!  You did a great job of reporting on Darrell's car
collection. Alas, the wagon appears to be more of a project
than I can handle. I hope whatever becomes of it saves it for
posterity. I always thought the '56's had really nice instruments.
It was a good year for Exner.

My restoration war chest is getting lean. Will take some time to
build it back up. I still want to buy every '56 DeSoto I see.

Have a great FL day,

-bill

At 11:38 AM 4/5/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings Forward Lookers,
>

> Not a lot of
>FL vehicles, but I ended up taking over 100 pictures with Darrell's
>cooperation.  Darrell seems willing to part with almost anything and the
>prices I was quoted were reasonable to very low in my opinion.
>

>image052.jpg - image093 '56 Desoto SW I actually came to look at (geesh!)
>Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll let the pictures do most
>of the describing.  The hemi started right up on the first try and ran
>smoothly without any visible smoke.  Darrell drove it up a rather steep
>hill from the barn and parked it using only the parking/emergency brake
>which must work pretty well.  The car is mostly complete, rust free and
>smells clean.  The worst features seem to be the cracked windshield on the
>driver's side, a broken tail light lens, some pitting of pot metal trim
>and a misalignment of the hood near the cowl.  What an instrument panel!
>For those of you who are interested, he has turned down a $3,000 cash
>offer and seems pretty set on the $3,995 asking price.

1956 DeSoto 4dr Firedome
Atlanta, GA