[FWDLK] Gas filler neck

To those of you remember, I asked awhile ago about removing my filler neck
on my 56 Savoy because it was leaking somewhere above the hose juction. I
believe I found the spot. Since I've owned the car, it's been run without
the rear body bushings in. This allowed the rear to drop and the filler neck
to rub on the frame and rub a hole into the metal vent tube. I assume when I
fill the tank, when it's full, it backs up the vent tube and leaks. I'm
going to try and leave the filler neck in the car and clean up the area
around the hole and seal it with some JB weld. I think that stuff resists
gas.
any other ideas.

Thanks,
Nick