Re: [FWDLK] 1957 DeSoto Adventurer

--- GoDesoto@xxxxxxx wrote:

> There is a 1957 Desoto Adventurer Convertible for
> sale, I'm interested in buying it but it has a
> 361 with dual fours. Isn't that car supposed to
> have a 392 Hemi? Wasn't the 361 only after 1959?

None of the above.

'57 Adventurer = 345 Hemi, 2x4bbl. This was an
Adventurer exclusive, Firedomes/Fireflites had 341
hemis, Firesweeps had the Dodge 325 poly. First
standard equipment engine to deliver 1 hp per cubic
inch ('56 300B w/355 hp, '57 fuelie Chev w/283 hp were
optional engines).

'58 Adventurer = 361, 2x4bbl or Bendix EFI.

'59 Adventurer = 383, 2x4bbl.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban