Re: [FWDLK] Wheel bearings

Hear hear - a strong second to that!

A few years ago a Ferrari 250GT I had burned a front wheel bearing and when I
checked on the official Ferrari bearing it was $25 - my mechanic said whoa -
checked his cross reference book and low and behold the bearing was made by RIV
for Fiat and available for $5.

Ferrari restamps purchased parts with their own numbers as do several other
mfrs. So, the message is once again - buyer beware!

Ford used to do this with radios. A Lincoln radio with a different face plate
had the same chassis as a Pinto or Falcon in many instances - at a
significantly higher price!

Brian
D500s in MI now warming up!