From: LARSPAINTR@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 11:32 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] mileage 57 dodge

Garrett <TheBulkster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 1957 Dodge mileage

I was just curious as to the gas mileage everyone out there with a 325 =
poly, 2barrel carb is getting.  If you could please send me an e-mail =
and I'd me know, I'd appreciate it.  I just want to compare to get some =
idea.Thanks,Garrett

Didnt have 57 info, this should shed some factual info-
Popular Mechanics  May 56 tests of PLYMOUTH power pack with 4 barrel and
duals, not Dodge so its the smaller 277 semihemi-  16 mpg at steady 50 mph,
13.7 at steady 70, traffic = 9.5 mpg, all on regular gas.  Car weight 3675
lbs with half tank gas
Consumer reports on 56 Dodge Royal, 315  218 hp engine,   17 mpg at 50, 15.3
at 60, traffic 13.1 mpg .    CU raved how dodge could get better accel times
yet better gas mpg in 56 vs. the 55 engine.
Friend in Ireland with 56 dodge 315 continually complains of mileage, he gets
around 14 overall, that MAY be on Imperial gallon?

LARS

In scenic West Michigan USA