Re: [FWDLK] A Sad Tale

Hey Joe / Jason -

Don't give up so easily !  None of us could have gotten to where we are if
we threw in the towel with the first bit of bad news.

What does the mechanic mean when he says the engine is shot ?  Is the block
cracked ? Or is he just not into working on it ?  Was the engine still
running when it overheated ?  If so, it may still be good.  Have your
mechanic elaborate on his diagnosis and then relay it to the list so that we
can give our opinions.

Even if the engine is a goner, you can swap in a good one in 3-4 hours and
have it up and running in a day or two. It shouldn't be too hard to find
another 277.  This is a common engine.  Where do you guys live ? Why throw
away 2 1/2 years worth of work when you can solve the problem this easily ??

Ron