[FWDLK] Engine Info

Hi all,

Once again, I'd like to personally thank everyone who
responded to our "sad tale".  So many of you have been
so helpful.  Thank you all.  Collectively, you have
restored encouragement and optimism that Jason's car
will run again - somehow!

I'm still looking into several options at this point.
Here's today's questions.

Will an older 318 or 270 fit into the 56 plymouth
without modification? (motor mounts, etc)

Is a six cylinder and option also?  We have power
steering, not brakes, no air.

Will the trans from our 277 fit a 318 or 270 or do I
need to get a trans with another engine if it is a
diferent size?

So far I have found three engines in various state of
repair/quality.  I'm still looking for more options
but I guess I need to know how flexible with engines I
can be (trans fitting, engine fitting, etc.).  Some
have suggested to just get any engine/trans that runs
good and put it in (like a 283 C---y or something.  Is
this possible.  How hard to modify drive train?

As you can see, I need some more knowledge and
information before I buy anything.

Thanks again.

Joe & Jason
56 Belvedere(s) (soon!!)