[FWDLK] I think I figured it out

I think I figured out what I did with the wiring on my 56 savoy. It's been
aggravating me all day. I was thinking about it on the way home and just
looked at it
There is a wire that runs from the ign to the amp light, then from the light
to the arm on the volt reg.
I put in a new socket, so I connected the two wires and soldered them to the
one wire going into the light. I just went and looked at the old light, I
had the socket covered in masking tape so I took the tape off. One wire goes
to the light bulb contact and the other is a ground for the socket and goes
to the arm of the volt reg. So since I hooked them up together, I
automatically put 12 volts into the arm on the voltage reg when I shouldn't
have.
My guess is it works like this.
Turn the key on, the voltage reg grounds the arm which grounds the amp light
socket and makes it light. then you start the car and the voltage reg
disconnects the ground, making the light go out. So I shot the 12 volts in
the ground side and smoked it. So the guess now is did I fry the regualtor
or generator, or both.

Nick