[FWDLK] Hood Springs

I spent the afternoon under the hood of the 55 New Yorker. The hood springs will barely hold the hood up, if there is the slightest breeze or movement down it comes. I now have the pattern for the hood latch imprinted in my back. Does anyone know where I can buy springs that will do the job and if so what should I be looking for? Guess I should ask a body man, not a mechanic, I'm going to be in trouble for my earlier comment about the engine. Also I am having frequent seal failures between the power steering pump and the generator, the bushing looks OK but maybe it isn't, anybody had this problem before?
Ron Dulmage
Duvall, Washington