[FWDLK] 57 Air Cleaner Assembly Differences, 300C + Fury

[FWDLK] 57 Air Cleaner Assembly Differences, 300C + Fury

Call this an owner's "poll".

I have two small-file size photos of '57 offset-style air cleaners that I
would like to send (attach) to anyone who owns a '57 300C and / or a '57
Fury.  Glenn Barratt, New Zealand, is the source of the photos and has given
permission to use them.

One shows a flat-back stamping of the oval filter housing.  The other shows
an embossed-back stamping of the filter housing.

I'd like to hear back what you have with your car.  And, if anyone can
explain the difference between the two styles and their origin.

We do know that there are two differing part numbers in the parts books for
'57 Fury air cleaners: #1827429 (Canadian Mopar parts book) and #1821398 (US
Mopar parts books).

The '57 Chrysler 300C air cleaners are shown as #1821398 in ALL parts
books).

If the Canadian stamping for the Fury was different and from a different
supplier, this could be a partial explanation, but there are a LOT of each
style air cleaner around!

Thanks,
Wayne
(the 300C research continues...)