Re: [FWDLK] Part Numbers - Starting Problems

Re: [FWDLK] Part Numbers - Starting Problems

Now that you know there'sno  spark at the plugs you can just work your way
back from the plugs. Next check for spark from the coil wire. If you have
spark there then it's in your distributor somewhere and you need to check
all those components. If no spark from the coil then check to make sure
you're getting 12 V during both cranking and run. If you are then check the
resistance in the coil (you need to disconnect everything from the coil to
check the primary & secondary resistance). These values should be in the
manual. If no 12 V at the coil then you need to trace the wires till you
find the problem. At this point it could be the switch or a cut wire
somewhere. You can pull the switch and check for continuity as you switch
it through it's positions.

                    SKILES_MICHAEL_J@LI
                    LLY.COM                    To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by: Forward           cc:
                    Look Mopar                 Subject:     Re: [FWDLK] Part Numbers - Starting Problems
                    Discussion List
                    <L-FORWARDLOOK@list
                    s.psu.edu>

                    06/18/01 02:28 PM
                    Please respond to
                    SKILES_MICHAEL_J

All,

Thanks, for all the responses. I have taken all of the suggestions and the
result is that I have no spark at the plugs. I am getting fuel, the carb is
not flooded, the points are opening, the distributor is turning. I replaced
the plugs, the wires and nothing doing....... Cranks but will not fire. I
put gas in the carb, but it does not fire.

Mike