[FWDLK] 727 Adapter: was[FWDLK] Tranny update conversions

[FWDLK] 727 Adapter: was[FWDLK] Tranny update conversions

Speaking of tranny adapters;  What does the tranny adapter do?  The Wilcap
adapter is 1" thick (according to their website).  In addition, there is a
crankshaft spacer (unknown thickness).

The original spacer between my hemi and powerflite bell housing is 3/4".
Based on the pictures, it looks like the flex plate and the hemi 8 bolt
crank have the same bolt pattern.  It also looks like the 727 uses the same
bolt holes in the hemi block as the old bell housing.

There must be a reason why you couldn't just bolt everything up without the
adapter, assuming a cut was made to allow the reduction gear starter
clearance to bolt to the tranny.

Has anyone on the list used an adapter like the Wilcap unit?

John Compton