[FWDLK] "Taching Probvlem"

The ancient Sun tach taken from the steering column of my ' 61 Dodge Dart
installed neatly on the column of a '63 D100.  The Dart had point ignition
the truck a new Mopar Electronic Ignition.  The truck ran great until I added
the tach, now it just quits making ignition after 10 minutes. Just flat
stops!  Unhook the tach and it is good to go again.  Anybody know how I can
have the old tach and the new ignition work in harmony?  Larry Jett