Re: [FWDLK] 55 Chrysler tail lights

--- Timothy A Koah <talk4u@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm restoring a 55 Chrysler and I noticed for the
> first time that one of the red tail lens has small
> chrome strips attached to the lens going across
> horizontally and the other tail lens doesn't have
> any. Does any one know what happened here?

I was always under the impression (possibly mistaken)
that NYs/300s had the chrome and Windsors did not.
(Terry? Can you help here?) They may also have fallen
off over time, as the pips in '60 DeSoto taillights
are notorious for doing.

> As I look at other pictures of the 55 tail lights
> I see that they do not have the additional chrome.
> Could one of these lenses be from an Imperial?

Definitely not. The '55-'56 Imperial had a round
taillight mounted atop the fender, looks somewhat like
an old radio microphone from the '40s.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban