[FWDLK] 56 Dodge Project

Just figured I wpould update everyone who is following along on where I am
with the 56 Dodge project right now.
Again not much to report.  We are remodeling the kitchen, which turned into
the Dining room and living room as well. As usual there were delays with
sub-contractors so I am about 3 weeks behind. Since my garage is full of
cabinets there is not much room to work on the car.

On the plus side the machine work on the 360/408 block is finished, cam
bearings and core plugs are in.  The short block is ready to assemble as
soon as i get it home, hopefully middle of July.

I did manage to tack the reinforcing plates for the rear sub-frame in place
last night.  I can already seet the insreased stifness back there.  I have
the front of the frame on a wheel dolly and have been lifting the back to
walk it in and out of the garage. Just by tack welding the plates in place I
can feel that the frame is much more ridgid than before. Definately a good
decision considering how I indend to use the car.

I cleaned and prepped the frame with the POR-15 metal ready and hope to
paint it with the POR-15 over the weekend. I planned on having it powder
coated but will have to skip that in order to cut costs.

One tip for anyone doing a project like this, DO NOT ADD UP YOUR RECEIPTS
UNTIL YOU ARE DONE .... IF EVER!  I did this the other night and almost fell
over, real sticker shock.  The good part is that I am into this car much to
deep to ever even consider quitting.

That all for now.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer