Re: [FWDLK] DeSoto Diplomat

Now this is interesting. Are you saying the Belgian
Dodge-DeSoto outlets got Diplomats but not Kingsways?

This sounds like the same dealership structure as
Canada but with different results. The Canadian
Dodge-DeSoto dealers had a Plymouth-based Dodge that
was much like a Kingsway but had its own model names
plus the different Canadian Plymouth powerplants.

As I understand it, most of the rest of Chrysler's
world had three dealership chains;
Chrysler-Plymouth-Fargo Truck, Dodge-Kingsway-Dodge
Truck, and DeSoto-Diplomat-DeSoto Truck (I'm rattling
off Kingsway and Diplomat as if they were separate
makes to show how Chrysler tried to give each dealer
network rough equivalents). So I'm guessing the
Belgian Dodge-DeSoto dealers got Dodge trucks but not
DeSotos?

I wonder if the smaller DeSoto dated from that brief
period before 1934 when DeSoto was considered slightly
downmarket from Dodge?

--- Vincent Van Humbeeck