Re: [FWDLK] Cost of Transmission Overhaul

Re: [FWDLK] Cost of Transmission Overhaul

The trans on my '57 Fury went sprung a leak two weeks ago on the way the NCPC
show in Scranton, PA.  I got it back to my resto shop, where they removed the
trans and sent it out to there transmission guy along with a trans kit that
cost $340.  The guy came back with an estimate of $1500.  I was kind of
shocked that the trans would cost over $2000 with the labor of pulling it and
putting it back into the car.  Has anyone had the experience of replacing a
trans?  If so, what has been the cost, on the average?  I have a feeling that
I'm getting hosed (and it's not a trans hose they're using).  Please let me
know what you guys think.  They gave me a parts list that they are replacing.
 It still seems that it's overpriced.  Thanks in advance.

John Paxos