Re: [FWDLK] Door Mechanism 57 Plymouth Belvedere Conv.

Re: [FWDLK] Door Mechanism 57 Plymouth Belvedere Conv.

> I just got
> the car home, and cannot get the drivers side door to open,  I can't get
the
> door panel off due to lack of clearance (front seat).

Hi George -

Well, if the only way to get at the door panel is to remove the front seat,
then remove it.  Take the seat backs off first, then the seat itself, which
can be removed by unbolting the eight nuts that hold the seat to the
floorboard.  These can be accessed from underneath the car.  They are
usually rusty, so soak them in penetrating oil before trying to remove them.
Otherwise you'll snap off the bolt part of seat mounting base.  I was in the
same situation with my 59 Dodge parts car, so I've been there.

Ron