[FWDLK] stuck trunk latch

I've been reading about the stuck door latch and now I need suggestions
about what to do about a stuck trunk latch on a '57 Plymouth. I can just
barely reach through a hole in the floor to the back of the latch with a
tool but I don't know how to get it open from there. I also have another
'57 Plymouth with no holes in the floor and the trunk may even be
locked. No keys and it's been sitting out for a long time. Anyone have
any ideas about how to cause the least or hopefully no damage. Thanks,
-Steve