Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES

Re: [FWDLK] 57-58 Door Latch Mechanism WOES

For what it is worth and I have never checked it out but I was told that the
57-59 latch assembly was actually designed to self close from a secondary
latch to the primary latch while one would drive.  What this means is that if
you catch on the first latch and don't close the door it will, with
vibration, complete the latching.  Perhaps these springs contribute to that
function.   Chrysler always had a reason for designing something in ways that
people had a difficult time comprehending but once explained made perfect
engineering sense.

Here is a quiz..Why do Chrysler keys go in the cylinder with the "cut" up?