Re: [FWDLK] Post-Pressure Blues

Well Larry,
   I would like to say yell at the wife, kick the dog, skip church this Sunday and cheat someone out of their due...but the oil pressure wouldn't improve!   Your blood pressure may rise, but that wouldn't keep your engine lubed!  So now that I haven't helped you, good luck on your search for an answer!  Let us know what you find.
John inWI

Larry Jett wrote:
108.516173a.28c91ff1@aol.com">Can anyone give me some hope?  Situation:  1961 Dart sedan, 383 D500 ramcar
with 74k miles.  Sat for 18 years but running when parked.  Has a highlift
cam and oversized pistons but little is known of the previous life other than
a 15.12 timeslip from Half Moon Bay Strip in 1961.  I get it running and it
runs real good!  but never driven on streets during restoration.  Perhaps a
half hour of engine running while fixing leaks, making adjustments etc. with
sufficient oil pressure to keep the idiot light off.  The last time she is
lit, the oil light comes on and stays on.  I replace the sending unit, no
help.  I replace the oil pickup and pan with the factory original, no help.
I check that the rod that engages the pump from the cam/dist. is working, no
help.  I replace the oil pump and filter with brand new units, no help.  I
remove the oil filter and turnover the engine with the starter and oil gushes
out.  I could pump Texas dry therefore pump and pickup not at fault.  I buy a
mechanical oil guage and install, no pressure.  I blow into the nylon pipe
after removing the guage but leaving connected to the block and there is zero
back pressure, not unlike blowing into a straw open to the air.  Prior to the
LIGHT ON status, untightened valve covers leaked brand new oil down both
sides of the block before I tightened them down indicating oil movement
internally  WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?  I'm nice to my wife and dog, attend
church weekly and pay my bills on time.  Any clues?  Larry Jett