[FWDLK] a (Post) Post- Pressure Blues post

[FWDLK] a (Post) Post- Pressure Blues post

So many answers!! This is indeed a great list!!!  The answer to the sudden
lack of oil pressure in the D500 383 was revealed today when I removed the
rams and the valve lifter cover to find a lifter smiling at me perpendicular
to the rest of his brethren.  The push rod was bent two inches off straight
The 18 year wait since the last engine firing must have stuck a valve.  As a
fix, I'm replacing all the rockers and shafts, one new push rod and soaking
the valve guides in Marvel Mystery Oil for the weekend.  Shouldn't this be
enough?  Almost all of your answers suggested something cheap as compared to
the two professional mechanics interviewed who were insisting that the cam
and/or crank bearings were shot.  Moral?  Always ask the list first.  Many
thanks for your concern and answers.  Larry Jett