[FWDLK] Edelbrock 1406 Carb on a 361.

A while ago, I asked many questions on the do's and don'ts of putting a 4bbl on my 361. Well, it is done.

I was able to locate a late 1960's intake, allowing me to use the new Edelbrock carb (1406, with electric choke) without a spacer. Everything bolted up just fine. As for the linkage, something I was really sweating, no sweat! The carb comes with an attachment that allows a person to use the "push" linkage of our MoPars. It hooks right up on the lower part of the linkage vs. up high were most cars would use it. No major modifications needed. I just ran the return spring to the front of the intake rather then to the rear. This is a much easer way to pull the carb linkage back. I bent and hooked up a metal fuel line and off I go.

Thanks to all who spent time giving me tips and answering questions. You are all great! If anyone wants more detailed info on how it was done and what I used, drop me a line.

James
1959 Dodge