Re: [FWDLK] Too many choices - gasket sealer

Re: [FWDLK] Too many choices - gasket sealer

The best gasket sealer that I ever used can be found at your local Yamaha
motorcycle dealer. It is called "Yamabond" and is designed to seal
motorcycle transmission cases without the use of a gasket (They come that
way from the factory).
I use it on rubber motorcycle valve cover gaskets and when you remove the
cover it just peels right off so you can reuse the gasket.
Look for rubber gaskets if you can find them, they seal better than anything
else.
I have also had veryt good luck with the MOPAR brand black silicon gasket
sealer.  this is thicker and will probably be better for your cork gaskets.
It works great on the cork trans gasket on my caravan.

Good luck.
Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer