[FWDLK] My family remembers the best car Grandpa ever had.

[FWDLK] My family remembers the best car Grandpa ever had.

I traveled to north-central Michigan (Beaverton, MI) were my father's entire
family still resides.  The family was gathered because my Grandmother passed
away.  As the family talked, the conversation always seemed to return to
cars.  Most of the "car guys" in the family are in their 40's or '50's and
are into muscle cars.  Everyone kept bringing up "Grandpa's DeSoto", though.
He owned it for a few years in the early '60's.  He owned a lot of cars over
the years, but this is the car everyone remembered so fondly.

They didn't know I owned a DeSoto.  I told them I owned one, after they
ranted about Grandpa's DeSoto.  No one knew the year of the car, but once we
started digging into a box of photos, we found one of the DeSoto.  It was a
1956 4dr that was pink and black.  Of all the cars Grandpa owned, this one
was EVERYONE'S favorite.  This should make all forwardlook owners proud!

P.S. On my drive back to Detroit on Friday (Sept 7th) I saw a gazillion
classic cars in the interstate heading north, toward Clare or maybe
Mackinaw?  All makes, including a convoy of Vipers.  Even saw a perfect '57
Fury in Mackinaw.  I wanted to turn around and head north, but I would miss
my flight.  Bummer.  What show did I miss?  And where was it?

Robert in K.C.
http://carnut.com/photo/mopar/60soto.jpg