[FWDLK] Engine question

This isn't exactly a Mopar question, but I figure that no matter what
"brand" of engine, the problem I'm having would be about the same with any
engine (although Mopars probably wouldn't have that problem, right?).
Anyway, I have a 400sb in my C***y (P)Impala.  The other day, I started it
up, and it was louder than usual and the engine/car shook a lot.  I had to
be places, so I just shut it down and took the reliable 57 Dodge.
So anyway, I started it again the next day, it idled like normal, but when I
shifted it into gear to take a cruise, it would begin shaking and being loud
again whenever the RPMs went over the normal idle RPMs(not really noticeable
until maybe 20-25mph).
Despite the fact that this gave my car a very cool growl, I'd rather fix the
problem, especially since I have to drive this car to school, and school is
starting here in a couple of days.
I'm just looking for any hints or suggestions as to what may be wrong.  As
far as I can tell, this was all of a sudden, one day I started the car, and
it was acting like this.  The way its acting, it kind of reminds me of the
time some idiot I know acidentally reversed two of the spark plug wires when
changing spark plugs on "his" car.  Would this be a problem related to a
cylinder not firing properly?
Any ideas/hints/suggestions would be appreciated, even though this isn't a
"mopar" question (I'd be asking the Impala list, but I can't find one that
applies to my year Impala).
Thanks in advance,

Garrett in Ohio
Owner of such model cars as several 1966 GTOs,
and several 1970 Dodge Charger Daytonas.