[FWDLK] Brake Question

I have this friend that said the hand brake on a 1956 Chrysler locks up the drive shaft.. I thought that the brake locked up the front tires. What is the answer?  Also, I recieved an email from somone in CANADA that has 1956 Chrysler exterior trim parts, along with interior trim pieces. Let me know if you'd like his email!
THanks,
Karl
1956 Chrysler Windsor Nassau
1964 Ch**y Corvair Convertible