Re: [FWDLK] POLYHEAD Chrysler TO HEMI CONVERSION ??????

Re: [FWDLK] POLYHEAD Chrysler TO HEMI CONVERSION ??????

Brad,

I don’t think it will work. The heads will bolt on, but the intake manifold
will not fit. Because the 392 block is taller than a 354, Chrysler added
material to the intake side of the 392 head so that the same intake manifold
could be used on both. There are spacer adapters for the intake manifold to
use 354 heads on a 392, but you would have to remove material from the head
to use 392 heads on a 354. The story is similar for the water pump manifold,
so the 392 head water port will not align. You will also need a set of 354
Hemi pushrods, which of course are shorter than the 392. I recommend a trade
for 354 Hemi heads.

On the Dodge series Hemis and Polys, the heads are interchangeable and the
intake manifold and water manifolds were changed for the short and tall
blocks.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500