From: goiola
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] [Fwd: [FWDLK] Windshield Replacement]

So far this summer I've put 5500 miles on my 59 Sport Fury and kind of brace myself when passing an approaching car or truck waiting for that horrifying gut-wrenching sound of an object hitting my windshield and chipping or cracking it.  Now, if that would happen what would my insurance company do?  Send me to an auto glass replacement shop? And what if they can.t find one or if they do the cost is $1200.  I would think a shop would have connections to find a windshield but is the insurance co. going to put out the 1200 smackers (I've heard one can be had for 1200). Just curious - has anyone out there had their windshield replaced through their insurance co. and did the process go smoothly?   John Z in Mosinee, WI