[FWDLK] Another Quirk

Thanks to all who offered thoughts on the rearend
noise and starter problems - still working on them.

Another funnny thing - Checked the oil on Saturday (4
days after getting car back) it was 1 1/4 quarts low
according to the dip stick.  Put in a quart and
checked it again the next day.  Still a quart low.
Not leaking, no signs of heavy burning.  Put in
another quart, still a half quart low??????  Put in
another quart to top it off at the full line.  I did
all this before I starting thinking.  318 engine with
the oil pan off the 277???  I might be driving around
with 2-3 more quarts of oil in the engine then needed
(unless they didn't fill it up originally, which I
doubt)

Is it possible that the oil pan difference made the
dip stick inaccurate - not only by quantity, but also
by level (took two quarts to bring it up on the stick
from the "add oil" mark to full.  Usually only one
quart down at the "add oil" mark, right?)

Unless someone has a better idea, I guess I'll have to
drain the oil, fill back proper number of quarts one
quart at a time and re-mark the dipstick or
something!!!!

Any thoughts?  Any problem running with too much
oil???

Thanks

Joe and Jason