Re: [FWDLK] Thieft protection

When ever I feel uncomfortable about the safety of one of my cars while leaving
it parked, I use a simple, effective, 5 second technique. I remove the end of
the coil wire from the center of the distributor and plug in it's place one of
the other eight wires.  Then I plug the coil wire in the remaining open hole.
Upon casual inspection everything appears to be in it's proper place and, if
someone tries to start the car in that condition it will occasionally fire but
not start thus confusing the driver.  I have even confused myself when I
returned to the car and forgot I had made the switch.  When leaving the house
for extended periods of time I will disable the cars in the garage the same
way.  Even if you come back to your car in the dark, it is easy to reverse the
process using "touch and feel" without needing a flashlight.

It may not always confuse the thief as I hope, but it gives me peace of mind at
the time.

Dave