Re: [FWDLK] Gary Goers/windows/headliner

Re: [FWDLK] Gary Goers/windows/headliner

I personally do not know about the window rubber, but I have heard that none
of the repro's are as good as the original.  I chickened out an left the
glass in even though mine is a rotissarie restoration, I have no intention
of pulling the glass.
As far as the headliner goes, i have spoke to a few knowledgable people that
have been in the business since these cars were new. The most correct way to
install the headliner is to pull the glass. However, I have been told that
you can do the headliner by carefully tucking it into the rubber gasket.
The quote from one oldtimer was "do you think I could make any $$ installing
a headliner if I had to pull the glass?"
I made sense to me.
Gary is good ....if slow.  I placed a rather large order about 7 weeks ago I
asked for body bshings to be sent ASAP because I thought I would need the
body mounts right away.  I got the body bushings in about a week and am
still waiting for the rest of the order.  I told him t otake as long as he
needed and he did get the parts I needed right away.
He is OK in my book.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer