[FWDLK] Rear Axle Shims Part 2

Thanks to everyone that replied to my post on rear axle shims.  The shop
manual had a good explanation on rear axle end play and the need for shims,
etc.  Now the second part :  I'd like to put new shims in, but where do you
get them ?  I tried NAPA, but no luck.  Also where do you find that dial
gauge that they talk about for measuring end play ?

Ron