Re: [FWDLK] gahhhhh!! - Dave's List

Dave -

I think your list is right on the money.  They were (probably) the most
common car you saw back in the late 50s.  And they were the car that
everyone could afford.  They are so popular today because everyone is trying
to recapture their youth by restoring their first car, etc.  Which has led
to easy availability of repro parts. Which has led to more people wanting to
restore the car because they don't want to do parts chasing, etc.  It feeds
on itself.  Then you throw Hollywood into the mix and the next thing you
know every car with tailfins is a 57 Chevy.

BTW, I think the word you're looking for is 'mystique'.  Mystic is a town in
Connecticut.

Ron