From: Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] gahhhhh!!
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:15:00 -0400

You don't EVEN want to know what people go through with DeLoreans... But
it's enough to fill a book.

Anyway...

The funniest story I've got is that an older gentleman with a southern
accent approached me and my 1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door hardtop at a
show...

"Boy, why did you put Plymouth nameplates on a Cadillac?"

I assured him that it was indeed, a Plymouth, but he refused to believe it.
"What you got here is a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado...".

Even showing him the owner's manual, dealer brochure, and service manual
failed to convince him.  "I don't know what scam you're trying to pull, or
for the life of me, why... But you sure have gone to a lot of trouble to
convince people that your Cadillac is a Plymouth!"

At this point, I finally realized there would just be no arguing with the
guy, when he ended the conversation by telling me that of course, I could
never know much about these cars because I wasn't even born when they were
produced.  =)

-Dave