Re: [FWDLK] gahhhh!!!

--- Marko Lonngren <marko.lonngren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> When I imported my DeSoto to Finland in 1990,
> someone in the shipping company in the States has
> described to the shipping documents, that the car is
> "1961 Dodge DeSoto".
> And I needed a short-time insurance for delivering
> the car out of port, but have a hard time in the
> insurance company for explaining what car I have.
> They claimed DeSoto is a model, not a make and
> didn't believe me..

Must be the same people who wrote the Associated Press
story on Dodge reentering the police car market with a
police Intrepid. The DCX press release claimed the old
TV sitcom "Car 54 Where Are You?" used a "Desoto
police car" ("S" uncapitalized in Chrysler's own press
release!). That was bad enough, but the AP story
referred to it as a "Dodge Desoto"...

I seem to remember the squad cars on Car 54 always
being Plymouths, a brand name that (understandably)
still has the power to make DC press flacks uncomfortable...

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop