Re: [FWDLK] '56 Plymouth Plaza for sale`

--- Garrett <TheBulkster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Speaking of cars for sale, there's a 1956 Plymouth
> Plaza advertised in one of those free used car
> publications around where I live (central Ohio).  I
> just have two questions.  First of all, does anyone
> have any info on the Plaza?  I don't really know a
> thing about it but am curious.

The Plaza was the lowest-price Plymouth from '54-'58.
Most didn't have much in the way of options, very few
would've been built with V8s or automatics although
they did exist. (If Chrysler had made a Road Runner in
'56, a Plaza 2dr sedan would've been the base car...)
A six would be a P28-1, a V8 a P29-1. Factory V8 cars
should have a gold "V" in the middle of the grille
mesh and a chrome "V" with a Plymouth shield on the
trunk lid (the trunk lid emblem on sixes had bars
extending straight out from the shield). I can't find
my serial number book and can't tell you if you can
tell from that whether it's an original V8 car or not,
although I suspect you probably can.

> It says it has a 360 cubic inch engine if I
> remember correctly (I think, and that's a big
> think, the ad said it has a 4bbl carb too, sounds
> like it could have some major sleeper potential).

The 360 is a much later engine. Probably an easy swap
but you want to make sure whoever did it knew what
they were doing. There was a Plymouth 260 V8 in '55
but I can't remember whether it was used in '56 or not.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop