Re: [FWDLK] DeSoto and other Chrysler Dealerships

Re: [FWDLK] DeSoto and other Chrysler Dealerships

You have your facts straight Mike.  I should know as I was the factory District Manager for Ed Zumwalt in 1966-7 and watched the intense rivalry between him with his Plymouth only franchise and the dealer directly behind him that had the Chrysler and Dodge Truck lines with a Dodge dealer about 8 miles away.  Both Barwick and Zumwalt, plus Paoli Bros in Eureka had a tough row to how with only Plymouth.  The three of them would sell Chryslers and Imperials that they bought from dealers outside their territory and that really ticked off the franchised-correct dealers in their market place.  To really tighten things up, Zumwalt's own son bought the Chrysler/Truck agency to complete with his own Dad!  Bet Thanksgiving dinners were strained in the Zumwalt family!!

Larry Jett
950 Woodside Road Suite 4
Redwood City, CA 94061