From: cpollock@xxxxxxxx
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] `
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:30:32 -0500

Hello All,
I need the advice of the group.  As all of you combined can probably
give me an objective opinion on a course of action as opposed to just
jumping in.  I have found a 1961 Chrysler New Yorker/Newport/?
convertible sitting in a VERY old junkyard.  There is not a whole lot
left of it as it has been sitting for MANY years.  It has no trim, no
interior, no front dog house, no doors, no trunk floor and is missing
the drivers side floor pan.  It does have a complete drive train, decent
quarter panels, decklid and front cowl area with firewall.  All the
rolling stock is there as well.  It appears to have been a light
blue/turqouse car, and there is no data tag so it is anyone's guess as
to what color the interior was.  The steering wheel appears to be black.

And now the question,
Is this car rare enough/valuable enough/interesting enough/is there
enough left of it to purchase and restore?

I know I could find a ratty two door and gut it for the necessary
pieces, the only hard part would be the convertible top mechanism and
the top itself.

I know opinions will vary, but I am just trying to get a general idea of
whether I should proceed with the purchase or just pass and keep
looking.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Chargin'Charles.