[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] Electric Impact Wrench and Salvage Yards?

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott H [mailto:kneedrager@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 11:47 AM
To: dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Electric Impact Wrench and Salvage Yards?

I have one of these got it a Harbor freight WWW.harborfreight.com for $19.99

Item # 36175-2RNB, Catalog # 734-B/Fall 2001, Catalog Key # RN3011 (free
shipping on orders over $50)

It does work but not like a regular impact gun.  Instead of the quick pulses

you get from an air gun this thing spins freely like an electric motor with
no load then WHAM the drive engages and it slams the socket.  It is great
for removing lug nuts! I had a few on my F-150 that my air gun would not
loosten, I gave this a shot and spin...WHAM, spin...WHAM, spin...WHAM they
were free. A great tool to have if you are ever stuck with a flat and frozen

lug nuts. It can loosten and tighten.   It would be good for any type of
stuck bolt or nut but would not work like and air ratchet if that is what
you are expecting.
One point, When I was  using it on those frozen Ford Lug nuts it felt almost

like the plastic case was seperating along the seam, I just held it tight at

the front and it did not break, but what do you want for $20. It is
ceratinly worth the $$.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer