Re: [FWDLK] '56 Fury for sale in Old Car Trader

Re: [FWDLK] '56 Fury for sale in Old Car Trader

56 Plymouths are a special favorite of mine and I have several, but no
Fury's.  I really doubt that when they change hands it is for anything
like 15 thousand unless the buyer is basically willing to pay any price.

For example, a 56 Fury that belonged to Richard Main recently sold on
e-Bay for $6,500, a bargain price.  He had listed it a few months before,
but it did not reach his reserve which I believe was $10,000. I had seen
the car when I visited Richard earlier this year.  It is in excellent #2
condition with some safety upgrades like newer-style seatbelts. From the
description of the 56 Fury currently under discussion, Richard's was far
superior.  Out of curiosity, I contacted him after the first auction and
he offered to sell it to me for $9,000, a price I would have glady paid if
I hadn't just taken a bath in the stock market (I'm still soaked).

The buyer drove Richard's Fury 700 miles home without incident.  I think I
actually spotted it heading north on I-5 neare Eugene, OR a couple of
months ago and wondered if that was Richard's 56 Fury.  Even across the
freeway, the driver's grin was hard to miss.

Happy Holidays!

-mel (soaking in soggy Oregon)

Mel Lester Jr.       meljr@xxxxxxxxxxxx       http://www.connet80.com/~meljr

Plymouths:
56 Suburban Deluxe 2DR SW  (2) 56 Savoy 2DR Sedans  56 Suburban Custom 4DR SW
56 Savoy 4DR Sedan         63 Sport Fury Convert.   63 Fury 2DR HT (440)
63 Fury 4DR HT Race Car    65 Belvedere II Convert.
Dodges:
73 Dart 340 Sport Pro St.  74 B300 CarryVan         76 D100 Adventurer SE PU
76 D100 Warlock PU         79 D150 Custom PU        89 Shelby Dakota Race Truck
93 Viper RT/10             98 Dodge Intrepid ES
Others:
63 Austin Healey 3000      71 Triumph Spitfire      81 Fiat 2000 Spider
84 Chevrolet Caprice wagon 00 Honda ACE Tourer 1100 01 Triumph Trophy 1200