Re: [FWDLK] Purist Question to ponder!!

The non-authentic vehicle class has also been used several times by the Ferrari
Club in their concours evaluations as well. There have been many Testa Rosas
built on authentic 250GT PF chassis and several Daytona coupes ending up as
convertibles!  The value placed on them typically exceeds the original vehicle
configuration but less than the other original which it duplicates.

Some one-off Ferraris have been destroyed in racing accidents only to emerge
later in pristine "original" form having been rebuilt on another authentic
chassis, utilizing a new but authentic-to-the-year drivetrain but having a
complete new rebody. The only truly "original" part being the tag salvaged from
the wreck! Now that would be a judging challenge.

Wonder how this situation would relate to our FWDLK cars?

If one used parts and new sheetmetal to create an authentic "replica" of a model
that was produced, say a '56 Plymouth Fury - except that the starting vehicle
metal may have been some other Plymouth h/t model. Suppose the drive train, body
tags (from a wrecked Fury) and all other equipment and details were authentic;
how would this car be categorized? It would be an exact duplicate of a car that
once was, but not a custom, not a "what if" or "shoulda been" and not a
"phantom".

Would this car then be "authentic"?

Brian
D500s in MI