From: David Collins <dcollins_fordriv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Discouraged w/DeSoto
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 21:27:33 -0500

    Hello list.  I put the carb back on the DeSoto today. I cleaned it and
put a basic rebuild kit in it.  I also set the floats.  When I took the
thing apart, the right and left floats were set at noticably different
levels.  I set them both to specs for float level and float drop.  I also
changed the acc. pump link to the middle hole from the top hole, just like
the directions said.
    I started the car.  It didn't crank long before it started.  Must have
decent fuel pressure.  Once it started, it ran rough like before.  The car
could not idle without playing with the gas.  It stalled and sputtered.  It
did not want to start.  I took out 2 plugs and they were drenced with gas.
Flooded like before.
    What in the world?  Well, nothing got fixed.  My folks are leaving
town
in 2 days and I need to get the DeSoto out of the garage so I can do some
things to their car.  Any ideas about this?  Help!

Eli Collins
('59 Fireflite- for sale, CHEAP!)