[FWDLK] Shuddering brakes on 60 Saratoga

[FWDLK] Shuddering brakes on 60 Saratoga

Now that we've got Scott's front end figured out, I'm hoping the list can shed some light on my shakey brakey Chrysler...

Long story short--all new brake drums, pads, wheel cylinders, hoses, and master, but the car shudders quite a lot when stopping, and as I come closer to the stop it grabs like a car with warped disc brake rotors would. Took it back to the mechanic and had the drums turned--found one cracked (from Kanter, by the way). The pads have not been arced, but I don't know if that alone is why it shudders and grabs.

What to do? Can anyone recommend a shop in Southern California (Orange County) to arc my brake shoes? Should I investigate the rear axle? The entire front end and steering is new, and the car drives exceptionally smoothly up through 90mph; the only trouble is the brakes.

I appreciate any advice the group can offer.

Thanks,
Brion Kidder
60 Saratoga 4d Ht
Aliso Viejo, California